ASPHALTIC PLUG JOINTS
Coating Specialist, LLC to apply products per recommendation and to meet and exceed contractual obligations
GAP MASTIC B:
MILE HIGH FOAM XL:
DEN-COL SUPPLY (303) 295-1683
COLORADO IRON & METAL (970) 482-7707
1. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); Proper Safety equipment (eye protection, ear protection, gloves, respirator, steel toed boots, properly suited with vest & hard hat (harness in lift))
2. HAZARDS: Material at high temperature; fire hazard; burn hazard; do not ingest; Avoid all skin/eye contact; do not inhale large amounts of permeating smoke.
3. Hazard Analysis form
- Maxwell Mastic KettleMetal bucket – place under kettle spout
- Hot plates
- Air compressor and Chicago Hose
- Sand blast unit
- Weed burners
- Fire extinguishers
- Propane tanks
PREP CREW – employees who do all the surface preparation and cleaning of surface.
GROUND CREW – employees who ensure the crew/equipment has everything needed in order to execute proper application.
APPLICATION CREW – coaters who apply the product.
BASIC DAILY PLAN
1. Check that all necessary equipment and PPE for proper application PRIOR TO LEAVING FOR SITE.
2. Show up on site ON TIME
3. CONTACT THE SUPERVISOR of job site. Share and understand prep-work, equipment needed and application process.
4. Fill out, go through and sign HAZARD ANALYSIS
5. Fill in the CHECKLIST throughout the entire process (time, temperature and pictures)
6. COMPLETE prep work.
7. COMPLETE product application.
8. REVIEW days work with supervisor and have them sign off.
1. String out, check and connect all CHICAGO HOSES (set up link for Chicago hoses).
2. Connect one end of hose to BLAST POT and other end of hose to AIR COMPRESSOR.
3. Fill BLAST POT with Media.
4. START Air Compressor.
5. Make sure hoses and blast area are secure and clear, and the person blasting is properly equipped (PPE)
7. Shut off AIR SUPPLY.
8. Shut off AIR COMPRESSOR & release excess air pressure.
9. Disconnect and roll up hoses.
PREP FOR ASPHALTIC PLUG JOINTS
1. String out and check all CHICAGO HOSES.
2. Connect one end of hose to compressor, other end to blow down gun.
3. Start air compressor.
4. Turn on air supply.
5. Blow out Joint.
6. Use shovels, broom, etc. to clean out any remaining debris.
7. Blow out joint again.
8. Shut off air supply.
9. Shut off air compressor.
10. Release excess air pressure.
11. Disconnect and roll up hoses.
ASPHALTIC PLUG JOINT APPLICATION
1. Make sure all crew members have proper Asphaltic Plug Joint PPE.
2. Align Mastic Kettle into starting position.
3. Turn on HOT PLATE BURNER.
4. Check material temperatures and consistency to ensure they are at necessary levels.
5. Begin dumping material from kettle spout into joint.
6. Use Hot plates to spread and level material.
7. Use BULKING STONE to thicken consistency and add structural strength.
8. Wait for material to cool and set.
9. Ensure joint is completely full and level.
10. Shut down hot plate burner.
11. Shut down Kettle.