Coating Specialist, LLC to apply products per recommendation and to meet and exceed contractual obligations
ABRASIVES – SLAG FROM COAL COMBUSTION – BLACK MAGIC
BLACK MAGIC COAL SLAG
UNIWEST (303) 388-1224
Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); Proper Safety equipment (eye protection, ear protection, gloves, respirator, steel toed boots, properly suited with vest & hard hat (harness in lift))
HAZARDS: blowing debris, silica dust, high PSI, high pitched noise
Hazard Analysis form
- Sand blaster
- Leather gloves
- Clemco blaster
- Clemco blast pot or Clemco hand blaster
- Chicago hose
- Air Compressor
- Blast media
- Duct tape
- 5 gallon bucket
GROUND CREW – employees who ensure the specialist/equipment have everything needed in order to execute proper application. Put media in blast post making sure there are no foreign objects going into blast pot. Move blast hose, roll up blast hoses and keep blast hose out of the way.
BLAST CREW – employees who are holding the blast hose and blasting, ensuring surface is clean for painting or waterproofing. Keep in mind, failure in materials is because of POOR SURFACE PREP.
BASIC DAILY PLAN
1. Check that all necessary equipment and PPE for proper application PRIOR TO LEAVING FOR SITE.
2. Show up on site ON TIME
3. CONTACT THE SUPERVISOR of job site. Share and understand prep-work, equipment needed and application process.
4. Fill out, go through and sign HAZARD ANALYSIS
5. Fill in the CHECKLIST throughout the entire process (time, temperature and pictures)
6. COMPLETE prep work.
7. COMPLETE product application.
8. REVIEW days work with supervisor and have them sign off.
- String out, check and connect all CHICAGO HOSES (set up link for Chicago hoses).
- Connect one end of hose to BLAST POT and other end of hose to AIR COMPRESSOR.
- Fill BLAST POT with Media.
- START Air Compressor.
- Make sure hoses and blast area are secure and clear, and the person blasting is properly equipped (PPE)
- Shut off AIR SUPPLY.
- Shut off AIR COMPRESSOR & release excess air pressure.
- Disconnect and roll up hoses.