Coating Specialist, LLC to apply products per recommendation and to meet and exceed contractual obligations
ELASTOFLEX 61 APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
ELASTOFLEX 61 – CDOT PRE-APPROVED PRODUCT EVALUATION REQUEST & SUMMARY MSDS
JOHN (MAXWELL PRODUCTS - ELASTOFLEX) (801)879-7866
GEOFF (BOWMAN SUPPLY - PROTECTION ROLLS) (720) 635-9656
- Maxwell Mastic Kettle
- Metal bucket – place under kettle spout
- Tar carts
- Hot plates
- Tar mops
- Air compressor and Chicago Hose
- Sand blast unit
- Weed burners
- Fire extinguishers
- Propane tanks
- Protection rolls
- Pole for protection rolls
- Roller for protection boards after laid out
- Backpack blower
- Razor knives for cutting material
BASIC DAILY PLAN
- Make sure Mastic Kettle is filled with Diesel Fuel.
- Make sure propane tank on Mastic Kettle is full.
- Make sure all crew members have proper Waterproofing membrane PPE.
- Turn on tar carts one hour prior to application.
- Align Mastic Kettle into starting position.
- Turn on HOT PLATE BURNER.
- Check material temperatures (Material temperature should be 300 degrees) and consistency to ensure they are at necessary levels.
- Make sure that your protection board/rolls are evenly spaced on bridge deck for easy application.
- Move tar cart under kettle spout
- Fill cart (make sure not to over fill cart)
- Start at desired edge, use cart to spill material, use tar mop to move material onto curb or side of bridge.
- Run cart back and forth, not more than 1 ½ lengths of rolls.
- Place protection roll over top of hot membrane.
- Run Roller over protection board to even out and ensure that rolls are wrinkle free.
- Trim edges of protection roll as necessary.
- Good house keeping, keep on top of clean up of all trash.
- Make sure when complete that all propane bottles are turned off.
- The kettle is properly turned off.
- Clean up all trash and materials.
- Fuel up all propane and fuel tanks.